I have participated in - and finished - my first reading challenge ever!
The challenge is hosted by Kay of J.Kay´s book blog. The main rule is: read twelve different sub-genres of thrillers in 2009. And here you have my twelve books including links to each review. Thanks Kay for a wonderful challenge.
My Thriller Dozen:
1) Anne Holt, What Never Happens/Det som aldrig sker - serial killer thriller
2) Sue Grafton, A is for Alibi/A for alibi - private detective mystery
3)Kerstin Ekman, Blackwater/Hændelser ved vand - psychological thriller.
4) Ingrid Hedström, The Schoolmistress of Villette/Lærerinden fra Villette - legal thriller.
5) Inger Frimansson, The Shadow in the Water/Skyggen i vandet - inverted mystery.
6) Ann Cleeves, The Crow Trap - eco thriller.
7) Mark Billingham, The Burning Girl/Den brændende pige - hard-boiled mystery.
8) Kjell Ole Dahl, The Fourth Man/Den fjerde røver - art crime/literary thriller.
9) Martin Edwards, The Coffin Trail - police procedural thriller.
10) Donna Moore, Go to Helena Handbasket - comic thriller.
11) Tana French, In the Woods/Skoven - murder mystery.
12) Charles Dickens, Our Mutual Friend/Vor Fælles Ven - historical thriller.
mandag den 30. marts 2009
2009 Suspense and Thriller Reading Challenge
Etiketter: 2009 reading challenge, challenge, link post
Abonner på: Kommentarer til indlægget (Atom)
Congratulations on fulfilling the challenge in less than 3 months - what variety!
Thank you, Steph.
Variety was exactly what I tried to achieve - I bothered less with the question if it could really be called thriller or was just another crime novel (but don´t tell anyone ;))
I enjoyed most of them thoroughly, but 4, 5 and 8 are nothing special in my opinion.
Congrats! I don't join a lot of reading challenges, so I've actually never completed one. I did a blogging challenge one time, but that's it. So I'm totally impressed :)
Kim, I had certainly not expected that I would complete it so soon. But my blog is my own, and I enjoyed it, so why wait.
I don´t know if I´ll have to make my own crime fiction challenge now to get some excitement and challenge in life. The good idea of a challenge is that it forces you to read books you wouldn´t have picked yourself - and many of these were really fine reading experiences.
Way to go! I think I have only completed one book for this challenge, so I'd better get busy!
That is quite a list, and some of those are lengthy books. Well done! I have read only 5 of those authors so I am very impressed..
I hope you are going to enjoy it - it was a good one :) I´ll be there next year if you come up with something similar.
4 and 5 are not translated, but as they were not very interesting anyway, there is no need to envy me those two. The others should be accessible, and generally really good books.
Wow! You're done already? That's crazy. Good for you though, you have some great titles on this list.
Lilly, you are welcome to ´borrow´ any of them you like :)
In the beginning I thought it might be difficult to come up with 12 different genres, but it wasn´t at all.
Send en kommentar