Have you noticed I have been on a binge of Scandinavian crime fiction in May?
Early in May I went to the library and discovered that they had expanded the crime section noticeably. And around the same time I found Amy´s Scandinavian Reading Challenge. So I decided to challenge myself by finishing it within a month - and four of the writers (five, really, as there are two for Drengen i kufferten) are new to me.
NB: to a Scandinavian, Scandinavia is Norway, Sweden, Denmark. What English readers call Scandinavia is the Nordic countries in my part of the world.
Scandinavian Reading Challenge 2010
1. Camilla Läckberg, Tyskungen (Swedish, 2007)
2. Kaaberbøl & Friis, Drengen i kufferten (Danish, crime debut 2008)
3. Anna Grue, Judaskysset (Danish, 2008)
4. Karin Fossum, Den onde vilje (Norwegian, 2009)
5. Camilla Ceder, Frosne øjeblikke (Swedish debut, 2009)
6. Knut Faldbakken, Grænsen (Norwegian, 2008)
Besides I have read
7. Anna Grue, Kunsten at dø (Danish, 2009)
8. Åke Edwardson, Næsten død mand (Swedish, 2009)
9. Arne Dahl, Misterioso (Swedish, 2001) – will be reviewed soon.
So on the whole I feel somewhat better informed on recent Scandinavian crime fiction today than one month ago.
And June? - a busy exam month, but I hope there will be a few exciting guest posts for you.