torsdag den 17. september 2009

BBAW Thursday

Book Blogger Appreciation Week:

Today we encourage you to blog about a book you read only because you discovered it on another book blog. Preferably, this will be a book you loved! You might also write a bit about the blog you discovered it on!

Back in July I wrote a post about all the new authors I had discovered because other bloggers had recommended them – and how much I had enjoyed all my finds.

So today I will only mention my most recent book blog find: Elizabeth Spann Craig, Pretty Is as Pretty Dies, American cozy mystery published in 2009. I think I discovered Elizabeth´s appealing and always well-written blog, Mystery Writing is Murder, through a comment she left on Martin Edwards´ Do You Write Under Your Own Name.

To be quite precise, I had been looking at the funny and pretty cover more than once before my daughter took one look at it and suggested I buy it. I did, and had the pleasure of reading a truly cozy mystery.


NB: last night I was tampering with my blog roll (adding yet another interesting blog), and suddenly I pressed the wrong button – losing the entire roll!
It will take me some days to dig you all up again, but if you are one of my crime fiction friend (I have my other blogs somewhere else) and think I may have forgotten you, just send me a comment and I will add you immediately.

13 kommentarer:

Beth F sagde ...

Thanks for sending me to three new blogs! I have loved discovering new people and blogs this week.

gautami tripathy sagde ...

I like to check out Crime Fiction too along with poetry books! And book bloggers help!

BBAW: Which book blogger is responsible for this?

Unknown sagde ...

What a shame with the blogroll. It happened to me once too. It sucks!
Anyway, the cover of this book is indeed funny and pretty. I will have to look into the book since I haven't heard of it and I like cozy mysteries.

Felicity Grace Terry sagde ...

Those gnomes are popping up everywhere. I don't know about you but I think they are very sinister looking - scary.

Dorte H sagde ...

Beth, I really think you are insatiable :D

Gautami; yes, when you have found some bloggers who share your taste, it is (far too) easy to find books you like.

Lilly; this cozy is a very good one indeed.

Petty; then Elizabeth Spann Craig has invented the scary cozy. I think you can read it without losing a night´s sleep, though (unless you read all night, of course).

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) sagde ...

I don't remember if I commented on the review of this book or not, but the cover is hilarious! It made me laugh out loud. If there was a book cover for a crime fiction book I would want to read, I think this one would be it. Thanks for sharing where you got the recommendation from :)

Jose Ignacio Escribano sagde ...

Nice blog. I have put you on my blog list and look forward to read some of your recomendations.

Dorte H sagde ...

Kim: yes, it is uplifting, isn´t it? And I think you could read this one without getting nightmares.

Jose: nice to meet you. If you read crime fiction at all, there should be something for you.

Kerrie sagde ...

Oh yikes Dorte! My Crime Fiction Journeys might be of help

Belle Wong sagde ...

What a fun cover! And now you've added some more writing blogs to my list of writing blogs.

Dorte H sagde ...

Kerrie; great idea! It takes such a long time to try to remember them! I have restored the most diligent bloggers from our room, of course, but I miss several people who don´t blog every day.

Belle: oh, I think my blogroll is embarrasingly short right now, but I am glad you found some of interest. You have made me wonder if I should make a separate roll for writers, and one for readers?

Jose Ignacio Escribano sagde ...

Thanks Dorte for your comments. Fyi Getafe, near Madrid will host the II Edition of Getafe Negro Festival with the participation of Maj Sjöwall, Jens Lapidus and Mari Junsgstedt.
Pitty the info is only in Spanish but you can find it in
http://www.getafenegro.com/ediciones/II/

Dorte H sagde ...

Jose: meeting Maj Sjöwall must be fascinating! (Jungstedt is also good, but not quite the same league in my opinion).