tirsdag den 21. juli 2009

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed...


One of the ´consequences´ of having a book blog seems to be that you begin to try more new authors. Here is a list of authors I have read so far in 2009 because other bloggers reviewed them or recommended them to me (listed by their first names so it is easier for you to find them via my labels).

Another consequence is that once you get to know ´your bloggers´, it becomes easier for you to decide which authors to try. I can say honestly that there is not one author in the list that I did NOT like. I enjoyed most of them quite a lot, actually. And the stars? – the five very best.

Alexander McCall Smith
Andrea Camilleri
Ann Cleeves *
Donna Leon
Donna Moore
Johan Theorin *
Josephine Tey
Kate Atkinson *
Kate Ellis
Kerry Greenwood
Louise Penny
M.R. Hall *
Margery Allingham
Martin Edwards *
Peter James
Peter Robinson
Peter Temple
Sophie Hannah


Glæderne ved at blogge

En af konsekvenserne af at skrive en blog ser ud til at være, at man begynder at prove flere nye forfattere. Her er en liste over forfattere jeg har læst indtil videre i 2009, fordi andre bloggere har anmeldt dem eller an befalet dem til mig (i alfabetisk orden efter fornavn, så de svarer til mine labels ude til højre).

En anden konsekvens er, at når man lærer ´sine bloggere´ at kende, bliver det nemmere at finde ud af, hvilke forfattere man skal prøve. Jeg kan sige helt ærligt, at der ikke er én eneste forfatter på listen, jeg IKKE kunne lide. Mange af dem var jeg rigtig glad for. Og stjernerne? – de fem allerbedste.

9 kommentarer:

Uriah Robinson sagde ...

Great photos Dorte. One disadvantage of digital photography is you can take so many great shots that you want to share them. Thanks for sharing these.

Dorte H sagde ...

Thank you, Norman.
Yes, as you can imagine, I have several hundred shots from Scotland so these are hardly the last ones you´ll see :D

Beth F sagde ...

Great list of authors! I can hardly get to the books I bought before I started blogging because I keep getting distracted by new suggestions. Lovely photos.

Dorte H sagde ...

Beth, I know what you mean! I am growing into an experienced blogger with exactly the same ´trouble´ as everybody else LOL

Donna sagde ...

Gorgeous photos - and thank you for including me on your list :o)

Dorte H sagde ...

Donna, I had to include you - you are the "something new" of the title!
You´ll have to get used to being a famous crime writer. LOL

betteskov sagde ...

I am seriously impressed by all the new authors you have tried out. I am afraid my list is a little bit shorter...
On the other hand, my "to read" list is rather long - I am just adding a few names at this moment :-)

Peter Rozovsky sagde ...

Four of those authors including three of your top five were at Crimefest in Bristol this year. You might keep this in mind as you make next year's travel plans.
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

Dorte H sagde ...

Jane, it is all these English blogs that tempt me ;) So if your list grows alarmingly, we will just blame someone else.

Peter, I know, but May & June are the worst months of the year to go away for a Danish teacher. But in fifteen years´ time when I retire ...