lørdag den 26. september 2009

The Red Shoes - Scene 1

I. Elvira Flake took a quiet stroll in the dark, rainy night. She ought to go to bed; it was late and she was in for another long day tomorrow. She needed to digest the official convention dinner plus she had several things to think through, and she preferred to do so before she crawled into her comfortable hotel bed. She was determined that she would make a decision before she returned home on Sunday: should she continue her well-paid, respectable life as the headmistress of Much Boredom Girls´ School in the vicinity of St Mary Neat, or should she plunge into her secret life here in London? Lots of pleasures and excitement, but absolutely no safety net.

------------------------------------

As I plan to publish this story in an anthology soon, I have taken the online version down.

Dorte Hummelshøj Jakobsen.

12 kommentarer:

Elizabeth Spann Craig sagde ...

You did very well here, considering what you had to work with! A CPA convention...wow! That might actually help with my insomnia if I could acquire a tape of the keynote speaker. :)

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Anonym sagde ...

Oh, Dorte, I *like* this! It may be silly, but I want to know what happens next. This is great!

Louise sagde ...

Well, I guess we just have to stay tuned ;o)

Dorte H sagde ...

Margot: well, at least I can claim you are an accomplice ;)

Elizabeth & Louise: I warn you, this was the most serious scene.
Elizabeth, sometimes when I suffer from insomnia, I get out of bed - and write something like this.

Maxine Clarke sagde ...

I want to know more, definitely! And Elvira Flake, brilliant name. Trademark it!

Dorte H sagde ...

Maxine, thank you. With regards to the names, I wonder whether Ms Christie might be turning in her grave, though, shouting ´plagiarism´. On the other hand, she might also enjoy it. Who knows?

Søren sagde ...

Well done, so far. I will be there monday :-)

Dorte H sagde ...

Søren, I know you want to keep an eye on those shoes ;)

Julia Phillips Smith sagde ...

I love this:

'should she continue her well-paid, respectable life as the headmistress of Much Boredom Girls´ School'

Dorte H sagde ...

Thank you, Julia :D

Felicity Grace Terry sagde ...

Monday, you say - I'll be there but will the shoes or will they have mysteriously vanished whilst waiting to be cleaned?

Dorte H sagde ...

Petty: Oh, how clever you are! But you´ll have to wait and see :D

I hope the fact that you are up and pursuing red shoes means that you are feeling better?