onsdag den 2. september 2009

DJ´s Bait in the Box # 31

This crime novel/thriller is the third in the series, but the first which was translated into English. Do you remember this one?

He scratched his head. His hair was disheveled, and grew in thick clumps straight up from his head like the leaves of a pineapple. Now it looked even worse.

“I can drive you up there,” he said. “There´s room for the carriage in the back.”

Ragnhild thought for a moment. She stared up Skiferbakken, which was long and steep. The man pulled on the handbrake and glanced in the back of the van.

“Mama´s waiting for me,” Ragnhild said. A bell seemed to ring in the back of her mind, but she couldn´t remember what it was for.

“You´ll get home sooner if I drive you,” he said.

That decided it. Ragnhild was a practical little girl. She wheeled the carriage behind the van and the man hopped out. He opened the back door and lifted the carriage in with one hand.

The Rules:
If you recognize the quotation, or if you think you are able to guess who wrote it, please post a comment. Just leave a hint, do not spoil the fun by giving too much away. The book will be reviewed on Friday as usual.

Gæt en bog # 31.
Denne krimi/thriller er den tredje i serien. Kan du huske den?

Så kløede han sig i hovedet, hans hår var filtret, det voksede lige op i vejret i tykke totter ligesom bladene på en ananas. Nu blev det endnu værre.

- Jeg kan godt køre dig derop, sagde han så. – Der er plads til vognen bagi.

Ragnhild tænkte sig om et stykke tid. Hun stirrede op ad Skiferbakken, der var lang og anstrengende. Han trak håndbremsen og kiggede om bag i bilen.

- Mor venter på mig, sagde Ragnhild.

Der var noget, der ringede langt omme i baghovedet, men hun kunne ikke komme på det.
- Du kommer hurtigere hjem, hvis jeg kører dig, sagde han så.

Det afgjorde sagen. Ragnhild var en praktisk anlagt lille pige, hun trillede vognen om bag bilen, og chaufføren hoppede ud. Han åbnede bagdøren og løftede vognen ind med én hånd, og bagefter løftede han Ragnhild ind.

Reglerne:
Hvis du kan genkende citatet, eller hvis du tror du kan gætte hvem forfatteren er, så læg venligst en kommentar. Skriv bare et hint til nye besøgende, lad være med at ødelægge fornøjelsen for andre. Bogen bliver anmeldt på fredag som sædvanlig.

13 kommentarer:

Elizabeth Spann Craig sagde ...

Don't do it, Ragnhild!

Great teaser, Dorte. And no, I surely can't guess it!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Uriah Robinson sagde ...

Difficult one, Norwegian??

Dorte H sagde ...

Elizabeth, thanks.
It is horrible when children are at risk, I know that.

Dorte H sagde ...

Norman; good memory or good language skills? :O

Uriah Robinson sagde ...

An author I have met at Crime Fest, so memory over language skills. :o)

Dorte H sagde ...

Ah, I must attend some more Crime Fests ;)

Bernadette sagde ...

No clue as usual

Kerrie sagde ...

I know this one... on the tip of my tongue.. I've read it ... reviewed it.. the "kidnapper" has Downs Syndrome (??), lives with his elderly father.. I gave it 5 and had a mini-review on a post which featured a more recent read. In 1997 the author won the Nordic Glass Key for this novel.

Tim sagde ...

One of my fave authors! I almost didn't get it because I was convinced that it was a yellow bicycle rather than a carriage ... but then maybe I was getting confused with a similar themed book by the same author (which I haven't read yet!)

Dorte H sagde ...

Bernadette; at least this one is old enough to have wound its way down under.

Kerrie; spot on!

Tim; yes, this is a great writer which is apparent already in this early novel. I think the yellow bicycle is from another book, but it might jog some people´s memories.

Uriah Robinson sagde ...

Kerrie, I think the man with Downs syndrome is a suspect?
The Downs syndrome [my youngest 25 in December has Downs] was all I could remember about the book when I met the author, who looked after people with special needs at one time.

Kerrie sagde ...

you're right Norman

Dorte H sagde ...

Kerrie and Norman: the man with Downs is a "kidnapper" but also a suspect :D