onsdag den 23. september 2009

DJ´s Bait in the Box # 34


[Denne bog er ikke oversat til dansk]

This debut is from a non-European country.

“Miss Jane Neal met her maker in the early morning mist of Thanksgiving Sunday. It was pretty much a surprise all round. Miss Neal´s was not a natural death, unless you´re of the belief everything happens as it´s supposed to. If so, for her seventy-six years Jane Neal had been walking towards this final moment when death met her in the brilliant maple woods on the verge of the village … She´d fallen spread-eagled, as though making angels in the bright and brittle leaves.”

The Rules:
If you recognize the quotation, or if you think you are able to guess who wrote it, please post a comment. Just leave a hint, do not spoil the fun by giving too much away. The book will be reviewed during the weekend (my life permitting).

5 kommentarer:

Maxine Clarke sagde ...

Ah! I think I know this one! And the "box" is a real clue. Another hint - this is a "crafty" question.

R/T sagde ...

I have consulted my crystal ball: I see several trees in the distance. But--wait--there is a coin (small denomination) beneath one of the trees. On another tree hangs a painting--not a landscape but something simpler. On the third tree, I see a woman's name that reminds me of an eighteenth century European monarch. No, wait, the image is fading. I've lost it. Perhaps I'll look again later. That's all I have for now.

Dorte H sagde ...

Maxine: it is always a pleasure when one of my readers realize how helpful I really am: there is usually some sort of idea behind the box (I won´t tell you where I found this one, though).

R.T. Wonderful clues(at least the ones I have got) :D

Elizabeth Spann Craig sagde ...

Clever!

Hmm, the mention of Thanksgiving helps narrow things down...

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Dorte H sagde ...

Elizabeth: yes, doesn´t it :O