onsdag den 9. september 2009

DJ´s Bait in the Box # 32

[The cute box is a flickr photo]

I know, I know. This non-European crime story has not been translated into Danish, it is probably too new and totally unfair for my weekly game. But read the quotation, enjoy it, and if you can´t guess, wait and see what it is on Friday.

“Waking up in her pink satin sheets that morning, she´d mulled over spreading malevolent gossip about a local politician. While brushing her model-quality blonde hair, she´d concocted some nastiness for her unlucky neighbors. And, when driving her champagne-colored BMW convertible to church, she made a fateful, threatening phone call that started her day on its slippery slope.

If Parke had – for once – rejected her baser instincts, she´d still be happily dreaming up devilment this very day. If she´d only listened to the
good Parke buried deep in the nether regions of her murky conscience. Or had second thoughts and remembered she was on her way to church. But she didn´t and the stage was set for murder in the sanctuary.”

The Rules:
If you recognize the quotation, or if you think you are able to guess who wrote it, please post a comment. Just leave a hint, do not spoil the fun by giving too much away. The book will be reviewed on Friday as usual.

2 kommentarer:

Elizabeth Spann Craig sagde ...

I think I may know this one, Dorte. I'll check back in later to see if I do.

Cute box!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Dorte H sagde ...

Elizabeth: I also think you may know this one ;)

And I thought the box might help readers along.