onsdag den 23. juni 2010

DJ´s Bait in the Box # 66

[This cute box belongs to Kelly, Kelly´s Thoughts and Ramblings]


I have no idea how many of my readers know this British writer – but let´s see.

“She was wearing a sleeveless body warmer over a shirt. The ghastly weapon sticking out from her front coalesced as I stared at it, horrifying me all over again when I finally understood what it was. Grey, with a neatly shaped head at its end, I finally identified it as a knitting needle. A slender 2.5 mm knitting needle, which must have been pushed with great force through Gaynor´s ribcage. Pointed they might be, but certainly not sharp enough to kill a person easily.”

The Rules:
If you recognize the quotation, or if you think you are able to guess who wrote it, please post a comment. Just leave a hint, do not spoil the fun by giving too much away. The book will be reviewed on Friday.

8 kommentarer:

Elizabeth Spann Craig sagde ...

Love this bait box! So cute.

A knitting needle makes a great weapon! Wish I'd thought of that...

Anonym sagde ...

Dorte - I wish I knew this one. It sounds familiar, but I can't place it...

Felicity Grace Terry sagde ...

What a cute box, so fairy tale like.

Well this is one British reader who does not have a clue.

Jose Ignacio Escribano sagde ...

Glad to see you back with Bait in the Box.
Wish I knew this one.
Cosy box for a cosy mystery I presume.

Dorte H sagde ...

Elizabeth: yes, it is a bit unusual, isn´t it?

Margot: I have no idea how well-known the writer is.

Tracy: yes, Kelly sent me some great pictures.

Jose: I am glad you have noticed my helpful little hint.

Louise sagde ...

All your readers are much more well versed in the crime lit than I am - and this one doesn't ring a bell at all, and I think I would've remembered that knitting needle thing.

Kelly sagde ...

Eww.. a painful murder weapon! Looking forward to see if I know the author.

Dorte H sagde ...

Louise: yes, it is such an unusual weapon that one should remember it.

Kelly: but at least it is a beautiful box - thanks to you.