mandag den 20. juli 2009

Cozy Mystery Challenge 2009

"Will you stop licking me, mom. Somebody is watching!"

I hope you can see I have done my best to cover a wide variety of cozies with regard to authors, time and place. Kris, thank you for hosting this challenge – I enjoyed it very much indeed!

1) Agatha Christie, Murder at the Vicarage (1930). British classic, reviewed in April.

2) Dorothy L. Sayers, Busman´s Honeymoon (1937). British classic, reviewed in May.

3) Kerry Greenwood, Murder in the Dark (2006). Australian novel reviewed in May.

4) Alexander McCall Smith, The No1 Ladies´ Detective Agency (1998). Scottish novel which takes place in Africa, reviewed in June.

5) Kirsten Holst, The Young, Rich and Beautiful (1976). Danish novel, reviewed in June. Not translated into English.

6) Louise Penny, The Cruellest Month (2007). Canadian novel, reviewed in July.

5 kommentarer:

Louise sagde ...

The only one I've read is the Kirsten Holst one. In fact, I loved her easily read mysteries when I was younger, although The Young, The Rich and Beautiful was not one of my faves. Happy Challenge :-)

Beth F sagde ...

Great range! I keep meaning to read Louise Penny, I love Sayers (who doesn't?), I dislike McCall, Christie is classic, and I haven't yet read Greenwood and Holst.

I still have a couple of cozies to go finish the challenge.

Dorte H sagde ...

Louise, I don´t really remember if you like cozy mysteries, but if you do, Louise Penny´s is really good.

Beth, Holst has not been translated so unless you want to try it in Danish ... LOL

Kerrie sagde ...

You've done well Dorte and read a great range of cozies. The only one I haven't read is the Holst.

Dorte H sagde ...

Thank you, Kerrie.
I just made my plan a bit too late. Of course I should have read an American cozy instead of two British. If Kris hosts the challenge again, I will try to do even better.