onsdag den 29. juli 2009

DJ´s Bait in the Box # 26

[This week´s bait was eaten by yours truly]

This British crime novel is not a debut but the first in a series.

“Her concentration was so fierce, and everything seemed unreal here, surrounded by the reflected light which made her head swim, that she walked right up to the sight before realizing exactly what she was seeing. Until then everything was just form and colour. Then the vivid red turned into a scarf. The grey coat and the white flesh merged into the background of the snow which wasn´t so clean here. The ravens were pecking at a girl´s face. One of the eyes had disappeared.”

The Rules:
If you recognize the quotation, or if you think you are able to guess who wrote it, please post a comment. Just leave a hint, do not spoil the fun by giving too much away. The book will be reviewed on Friday as usual.

Gæt en bog # 26.
Denne britiske krimi er ikke en debut, men den første i en serie.

”Hendes koncentration var så stærk, og alt så så uvirkeligt ud her, omgivet af det reflekterende lys som fik hendes hoved til at svømme, at hun trådte lige hen til synet, før hun indså præcist hvad det var, hun så. Indtil da var alt bare form og farve. Så blev den stærke røde farve til et tørklæde. Den grå frakke og det hvide kød faldt sammen med baggrunden af sne, som ikke var så ren her. Ravnene hakkede i pigens ansigt. Det ene øje var forsvundet.”

Reglerne:
Hvis du kan genkende citatet, eller hvis du tror du kan gætte hvem forfatteren er, så læg venligst en kommentar. Skriv bare et hint til nye besøgende, lad være med at ødelægge fornøjelsen for andre. Bogen bliver anmeldt på fredag som sædvanlig.

18 kommentarer:

Karen (Euro Crime) sagde ...

I think there's a good clue in the quote...

Dorte H sagde ...

Karen, you may be right ;)

Uriah Robinson sagde ...

Got it! I thought for one moment the author had a house in Lewes. One of my pathetic historical clues.

R/T sagde ...

Ah, Walker's Shortbreads. I remember eating nearly an entire box on my flight from St. Andrews to Reykjavik in 1980. Oddly enough, that tin box of delicious morsels became one of my most vivid memories of my few days in Scotland.

Dorte H sagde ...

Norman, I am not sure I got that one?

R.T., shortbreads are not really my favourites, but the picture struck me as suitable for this week´s little game ;)

Uriah Robinson sagde ...

You have to know who was given a house in Lewes as part of her divorce settlement. ;O)

Dorte H sagde ...

Great with clues I don´t even get (I am sure some of my readers will love seeing me baffled) :D

Louise sagde ...

I've read that one - I think ;o)

Kate S. sagde ...

I know this one too--first in an island series with colourful titles.

Dorte H sagde ...

Louise, you´ll see tomorrow.

Kate, spot on!

Kerrie sagde ...

I love Walker's shortbreads! I recognised this one. The quote gives a clue to the title doesn't it. By coincidence my post scheduled for tomorrow is about this very series - or rather the colours in the titles - have I said too much?

Bernadette sagde ...

Sounds familiar...the raven thing...but i've no clue the author or title

Score - Dorte 25, Bernadette 1 :(

Dorte H sagde ...

Bernadette, you may know it, but it seems to me ravens are used in many crime novels (they are so large and black; they may seem sinister and threatening).
If you wanted to win over me, you´d just have to make some questions about Australian fiction :)

Dorte H sagde ...

Kerrie, fine clues! And what you write tomorrow cannot spoil anything as that is when I review the book anyway :O

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks sagde ...

I'm sorry, I was distracted by the shortbread ... was I supposed to be identifying a quote?! :)

Dorte H sagde ...

Dawn, actually you were LOL
But I will put up the review this afternoon.

Louise sagde ...

Weeeell....seems like I had not read this after all ;o)

Dorte H sagde ...

Louise, if you don´t know Ann Cleeves, you have a great experience ahead of you :D