onsdag den 22. juli 2009

DJ´s Bait in the Box # 25

[This delicious box belongs to Jane, Possum Scriptum.]

This non-European thriller is an older volume from a rather long series.

“With his mittens on, he stood up, testing the snow. The latest fall was soft, but the bitter cold had solidified the layers beneath it. He sank no more than two or three inches. Good.

The chimes sounded in his mind again: Time.

He paused, calmed himself. The whole intricate clockwork of his existence was in danger. He´d killed once already, but that had been almost accidental. He´d had to improvise a suicide scene around the corpse.
And it had almost worked.

Had worked well enough to eliminate any chance that they might catch him. That experience changed him, gave him a taste of blood, a taste of real power.”

The Rules.
If you recognize the quotation, or if you think you are able to guess who wrote it, please post a comment. Just leave a hint, do not spoil the fun by giving too much away. I hope I will be ready to review the book on Friday.

Gæt en bog # 25.
Denne ikke-europæiske thriller er en af de ældre i en temmelig lang serie.

“Han rejste sig fra scooterens sæde for at afprøve sneens bæredygtighed. Den nyfaldne sne var blød, men den bidende kulde havde fået lagene nedenunder til at størkne. Han sank ikke mere end en fem-seks centimeter ned. Godt.

De kimende klokker lød igen i hans hoved: tid.


Det
havde i hvert fald virket godt nok til at fjerne enhver risiko for, at de kunne pågribe ham. Dén oplevelse ændrede ham, gav ham smag for blod, smag for virkelig magt.”

Reglerne:
Hvis du kan genkende citatet, eller hvis du tror du kan gætte hvem forfatteren er, så læg venligst en kommentar. Skriv bare et hint til nye besøgende, lad være med at ødelægge fornøjelsen for andre. Jeg håber på at være klar til at anmelde bogen på fredag.

3 kommentarer:

Bernadette sagde ...

I got nothing this week

Unknown sagde ...

I have no idea from which book the quote is but I love, love, love the box! I could so see it gracing my little cottage.

Dorte H sagde ...

Bernadette, it will be interesting to see if anyone gets it this week. I had another one lined up this morning when I found out in the last minute that it was not out in English yet. No need to try that one as I only have c 25 % Scandinavian readers.

Lilly, so do I. It was such a good idea of Jane to send me this picture. I have been looking forward to using it :D