tirsdag den 7. december 2010

Two-Sentence Tuesday

One of my blog friends reminded me that I have not really told you what I am working on right now. I got stuck in my English cosy mystery, and one night a new, Danish plot just materialized.

Tora borrows her old aunt´s cottage by the sea to write a novel. In a thunder storm the small stable burns down and when Tora takes a closer look at the site of the fire, she realizes there is a small cellar under the building.

Two sentences from the first chapter of The Stone for the Grave:

“The bones were so long that it couldn´t be a cat which had crept down there to die in peace. She moved the candle a bit and almost fell through the opening when the flame was mirrored in a round scull.” 

[See the first sentences here]

Two-Sentence Tuesday is hosted by Women of Mystery.
.

6 kommentarer:

Anonym sagde ...

Dorte - Oh, that sounds like a wonderful plot and a terrific story! I am very excited for you. Those two sentences are great, too! I'm looking forward to reading your book.

Unknown sagde ...

What a wonderful idea. I love the two sentences. I wish you went on and on and on. Let us know what happens with it.
CD

Laura K. Curtis sagde ...

Oooh, creepy!

Dorte H sagde ...

Margot: after a slow period I have made some progress again, but I can see I´ll have to accept that I work better during the summer period than in winter.

Clarissa: I will!

Laura: old bones are always good, aren´t they?

Kelly sagde ...

I'm always amazed at just how much you can convey in only two sentences! Very good!

Dorte H sagde ...

Kelly: well, if I only have to select two sentences per week, it is not too difficult to pick some good ones. I think I could also show you some really boring ones if I had to.