tirsdag den 16. november 2010

Two Sentence Tuesday # 4 & Trouble-Shooting


Two sentences for you (The Halloween Murderer, chapter three):

“Hello, Miss Gershwin.”

Squinting out of the corner of her eye she thought she had been ambushed by a grizzly and her tiny cub, but when she turned around, Rhapsody found herself face to face with a well-groomed blonde in a fur coat who was walking a colour-coordinated terrier.


Two-Sentence Tuesday is hosted by Women of Mystery.


Trouble-Shooting.


My Halloween mystery has not progressed too well lately even though I have had plenty of time. The other day I realized that it was because the action did not really grab me. There is a body in the beginning of chapter two which should be okay, but so far, Rhapsody has no inkling it wasn´t a natural death. She is just busy cleaning and redecorating her new home. Arrrggghh; who wants to write - or read - about that?

Well, I think I have found an instant remedy: send Rhapsody off to make new friends in the local pub.
And don´t worry, I´ll rewrite the first chapters before I send them off to anyone to read.
.

11 kommentarer:

Bernadette sagde ...

So Rhapsody has married Archibald I think (hence the new home)...some new friends sounds like a good idea until the need for investigating kicks in

Dorte H sagde ...

Bernadette: near enough, as they say in Dublin. They have found the cottage they can afford, but of course that means they´ll have to do a lot themselves before they can live in it.

Felicity Grace Terry sagde ...

An easy mistake to make for anyone to make - I love your two sentences, so funny.

Anonym sagde ...

Dorte - Thanks for sharing those great sentences :-). And I'm glad you found out what it was that was bothering you about your novel. Once we uncover that, it's so much better to go back in and fix things. Good for you, and I can't wait to read what you've written!

David Cranmer sagde ...

I like the image of "walking a colour-coordinated terrier."

And the name Rhapsody.

Cathryn Grant sagde ...

The two sentences are great ... entertaining and intriguing.

Clare2e sagde ...

I like your heroine's name, too, and I require a matching dog for every outfit. Lucky for my Boston terrier and bearded collie, I wear a LOT of black and grey, so they're always suitable.

Leah J. Utas sagde ...

I love the image of the woman and the dog.

Kelly sagde ...

I love your two sentences!! As for color coordinating dogs, I have such a variety (of dogs) I can coordinate with pretty much anything I wear.
:)

Dorte H sagde ...

I am so glad you like my sentences and my Rhapsody. After five months together with her, I feel I know her rather well.

Kelly: you have a great point there. I am not sure I can imagine *you* in a white fur coat - but then, what do I know :D

Unknown sagde ...

I have days where some thing just don't interest me. I came across that problem in my NaNo projects and decided to just move to more interesting parts and it took off again. I know I'll have to go back and make changes in edit.

CD