onsdag den 17. november 2010

DJ´s Bait in the Box # 80

In this book which weighs 680 g, or more than twice as much as my Kindle, a little boy gets a surprise:

“Raising his head, he saw a sack of something draped over a set of railings further down. It hadn´t been there when he´d run down the road after his dinner, he was sure. He dawdled along for a closer look. It wasn´t a sack, but a woman, impaled on the sharp black spikes. He stared at her, uncomprehending. Face down, her dress was caught up round her waist, and he could see her drawers.”

The Rules:
If you recognize the quotation, or if you think you are able to guess who wrote it, please post a comment. Just leave a hint, do not spoil the fun by giving too much away. The book will be reviewed on Friday.
.

9 kommentarer:

Jose Ignacio Escribano sagde ...

The author's name has the same vowels as my daughter's name, Paula.

Dorte H sagde ...

Ah, the game´s afoot! LOL

And I believe that first name is also common in Spanish.

Jose Ignacio Escribano sagde ...

You bet, Dorte.

pattinase (abbott) sagde ...

I think that unless I memorized it in sixth grade, I will never remember it. I admire those who can do this.

Dorte H sagde ...

Patti: now I am not the type who squeals, but I believe there are those who think it demands google skills rather than a reliable memory ;D

Kelly sagde ...

Well, gee... I never thought about googling it!

What a sight for a small boy to come upon!

Interesting bait box, too. I'm not sure what it is.

Dorte H sagde ...

Kelly: oh, my readers are very sly. And I thought there might be some of them who could tell you what the bait box is as it was meant as a hint.

Unknown sagde ...

I have no idea but I'm looking forward to the review.

CD

Dorte H sagde ...

Clarissa: the rest of the book was just as good as this promising teaser.