onsdag den 10. februar 2010

DJ´s Bait in the Box # 55


A tasty titbit for you this week:

“It was all the descendants of the family, living and dead, who raised the spanner in the young woman´s arm and brought it down with all her strength on Jeremy´s head. Once, twice ...

She was suddenly gripped by an overwhelming fear, for instead of falling, he began to straighten up, slowly, slowly, just as he had raised the car with the jack. She realised then that if he turned round, without him even doing anything, she would surely die too, of horror, regret, dismay ... Then she struck him a third time with the force of despair, and this time he collapsed against the bonnet.”

The rules:
If you recognize the quotation, or if you think you are able to guess who wrote it, please post a comment. Just leave a hint, do not spoil the fun by giving too much away. The book will be reviewed on Friday as usual.

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sagde ...

Dorte - If I'm right, you're correct about how tasty this tidbit is! But I would urge caution! One of the words in the title is delicious, but related to something v-e-r-y poisonous.. : )

Dorte H sagde ...

Margot: you are quite right when it comes to the tidbit, but I am not sure I get your second clue.

Anonym sagde ...

Dorte - Sorry to be unclear. Hmm....let me see if I can think of another clue...Hmm....I'm so sorry. I wood think of another clue if I could, but I'm stumped! ; )

Dorte H sagde ...

Margot: this one I got ;D