onsdag den 24. februar 2010

DJ´s Bait in the Box # 57

[This wonderful bait box was sent to me by Tim Duncan]

I fear that this fairly new, overseas crime novel may be unguessable for many of you, but I don´t have time to read an extra book this week so here we go. A little help: this writer is new to me.

“... a small yellow package, lying on the ground about ten yards inside the woods.

Lucky tried to focus; the bundle shifted, and cried out.

She pushed her way through the undergrowth, heedless of branches reaching for her face and scratching at her bare arms. She dropped to her knees, pushing a sharp stone into her flesh. She shifted to get off the rock, and shone her light into the folds of the yellow blanket. A scrunched-up white face blinked back at her, trying to shut out the sudden brightness. Tiny fists waved in the air.”

The Rules:
If you recognize the quotation, or if you think you are able to guess who wrote it, please post a comment. Just leave a hint, do not spoil the fun by giving too much away. The book will be reviewed on Friday as usual.

8 kommentarer:

Elizabeth Spann Craig sagde ...

Love the tin!

Oh....hope the baby is okay!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Jose Ignacio Escribano sagde ...

Dorte I'm lost, but it seems to me that the maple leaf must be a good clue.

Bernadette sagde ...

I finally know one - I recognised it straight away.

As for clues...the author is a lady who just might be from some place where that tin would have special significance and the book's title is the same as one of the 50 children's books written by the woman I featured in my most recent Crime Fiction Alphabet contribution

Dorte H sagde ...

Elizabeth: who knows - I haven´t finished the story yet! ;D

Jose: a good guess!

Bernadette: good clues! An Olympic Medal to you!

Anonym sagde ...

Dorte - I love that tin! As for the book? I'm lost ; ).

Dorte H sagde ...

Margot: with the right kind of box there is bait for anyone :D

R/T sagde ...

I also am lost on this one. Perhaps if I were a Canadian I'd have a better chance--i.e., not so lost--but there is something--some kind of clue needling at my consciousness--if I could only remember, then I could take a shot at it. Alas, again, I say, I am lost!

And, for goodness' sake, what on earth is Maple Tea? Is that some concoction from British Columbia? (Hint!)

Dorte H sagde ...

R.T: I´ll go and search for you in your vale of despair ;)