tirsdag den 9. februar 2010

2010 Global Reading Challenge - Progress


So far I have read and reviewed five out of fourten crime novels - see the blue links.

Africa
:
1) Yaba Badoe, True Murder, Ghana (TBR)
2) Deon Meyer, Blood Safari? Rob Marsh, Beasts of Prey? Margie Orford, Blood Rose (S. Africa)


Asia:
3) Shamini Flint, Inspector Singh Investigates (TBR)
4) Matt B Rees, The Bethlehem Murders - reviewed January 18.


Australasia:
5) Paul Cleave, Cemetery Lake, NZ
6) Peter Temple, Bad Debts – Australia - reviewed January 7.


Europe:
7) James Thompson, Snow Angels - Finland - reviewed Feb 1.
8) Simone Van der Vlugt, The Reunion, The Netherlands - reviewed January 15.


North America:
9) Megan Abbott, Bury me Deep, the USA - reviewed Feb 5.
10) Vicki Delaney, Valley of the Lost, Canada (TBR)


South America:
11) Leighton Gage, Blood of the Wicked, Brazil (TBR)
12) ????


Antarctica:
13) Robert Masello, Blood and Ice
14) ????

10 kommentarer:

Care sagde ...

Wow! great progress.

Anonym sagde ...

Dorte - I am impressed with the progress you're making!! This Global Reading Challenge was a fantastic idea, and I'm so enjoying reading about all the books that participants have chosen.

Dorte H sagde ...

Care: thank you.

Margot: yes, wasn´t it a good idea? I agree that it is very inspiring to see what other participants have read. And as you can see, I still need a few ideas :D

Kerrie sagde ...

I'm impressed that you have planned what you are going to read Dorte - I haven't got that far yet. I too am enjoying seeing what others have chosen

Kelly sagde ...

I am also impressed!

This was a challenge I knew I could never meet. The majority of my books are by American, Canadian, or British authors. The only exceptions I can think of in recent years' reading are Steig Larsson (I liked the second book more than the first), Alexander McCall Smith (don't know if he counts for Scotland or Botswana) and Javier Sierra (Spain).

Dorte H sagde ...

Kerrie: well, they are just lose plans, and I may change them several times - if I get new books that catch my fancy.

Kelly: I came up with the challenge because I could see most of my books were Scandinavian or British, and I wanted to expand my field a bit :D

Jose Ignacio Escribano sagde ...

Well done Dorte.

Dorte H sagde ...

Jose: thank you.

Søren sagde ...

Oh, I'm way behind :-o Got to hurry now :-)

Dorte H sagde ...

Søren: oh, 2010 is very young yet. But as I have several of the books on my shelf, and many of them look very tempting indeed, there is no need to wait.