tirsdag den 22. december 2009

L for Läckberg


This week´s letter in Kerrie´s alphabet meme is L.

L is for one of Sweden´s most popular crime fiction writers, Camilla Läckberg, well-known for her series featuring Patrick Hedström and Erica Falck.

On my shelf I have her fourth Patrick & Erica story, and here is a short, spoiler-free appetizer:


The German Brat.
Erica is looking forward to an undisturbed writing period as Patrick has taken leave to stay at home and look after little Maja. Erica is supposed to write a novel, but she finds it difficult to write when the house is so unusually quiet, and she seems much more interested in her mother´s notebooks which she and Patrick found in the attic at the ending of The Stone Cutter together with a Nazi medal.

And in the meantime, Patrick´s colleagues have found a very dead body. How will they cope without Patrick?

Link to my review of Stenhuggeren/The Stone Cutter
Link to my review of Prædikanten/The Preacher

10 kommentarer:

Elizabeth Spann Craig sagde ...

Old notebooks in the attic? A dead body? A writer? Sounds like a good one to me!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Anonym sagde ...

Dorte - This really does sound really intriguing! You are so good at whetting my reading appetite : ). I'm especially interested in what's in those notebooks....

Dorte H sagde ...

Elizabeth: yes, I have also been looking forward to this one for a long time. Läckberg rounded off the third book by letting Patrick and Erica find the notebooks :D

And I think one of the things Läckberg does best is unraveling old family secrets.

Dorte H sagde ...

Margot: an appetizer is no good if not appetizing! I am also very curious myself, but I am not sure I will get round to reading it until January. At least I should be writing in my Christmas holiday.

Jose Ignacio Escribano sagde ...

Nice post Dorte.

Dorte H sagde ...

Thank you, Jose.

gautami tripathy sagde ...

I wish to know more!

Here is my Crime Fiction Alphabet: L post!

Dorte H sagde ...

Gautami: thank you. I plan to review it some time in January.

Reg / Steve sagde ...

God jul, Dorte -- I'm working on finishing up Camilla's book 4 right now. Don't know yet whether HarperCollins is going to buy more. Would love to work on The German Brat (also the title I chose for it; great minds think alike). As a WWII kid myself I can identify with my parents' time period.

Got to meet Camilla at last at BogForum. She told me a great story about being held as a babe in arms by Ingrid Bergman, and she's got the photo to prove it. It seems Ingrid used to spend every summer on her island near Fjällbacka. --Best from the translation factory in snowy New Mexico

Dorte H sagde ...

Reg: God jul til dig og Tiina!

I really hope HarperCollins will go on buying her books. Her plots are good, and The German Brat looks very promising.