torsdag den 17. december 2009

Guest Blogging and Award Day

Today I am a guest blogger for the first time ever. Thank you to my countrywoman Louise of Lou´s Pages for asking me! (Louise wrote a post for me in November).

I hope you will all visit Louise to read my post on Christmas and Crime, and to discover her great English book blog.


And thank you to Elizabeth Spann Craig, Mystery Writing is Murder, for awarding me her own, special Blog Writer Award.

The rules (nicely liberal - I like that)

You can post this image to your blog…or not.
You may share this award with others…if you like.
You may adapt or alter this image in any way.



And thank you also to Lilly, Reading Extravaganza, for awarding me the Honest Scrap award.
I am not going to award anyone specifically this time, but I will follow the rule about listing ten honest things about myself.

1. I love reading, especially (English) crime fiction
2. I am a late riser – a very late riser
3. I love classical music, e.g. Bach.
4. I like teaching young people English and literature, but marking essays is NOT fun!
5. I love eating meat so I would never consider becoming a vegetarian.
6. My favourite holiday resorts are Scotland and Ireland (I am trying to talk my husband into going to the Shetland Island, and I don´t think it will be very difficult).
7. I don´t like exercising. If I have to, I always choose the bicycle, and I never ever run or jog.
8. I am not very good at cooking. Fortunately, my husband is – and he even likes it.
9. When I have to do something I don´t like, I squirm and fiddle and procrastinate until the very last second.
10. My greatest dream is to have my crime fiction published (oh – you knew that already?)

9 kommentarer:

Felicity Grace Terry sagde ...

Congratulations on your awards and for sharing all those things with us. I'll be sure to visit Louise.

Philip Amos sagde ...

Many congratulations on the award, Dorte. Richly deserved. You combine charm and intelligence in equal measure, and it makes for a delightful mix. And nice to discover a fellow Bachian on here.

Unknown sagde ...

I am heading over to read your guest post right after that. I read the honest things and you were right we do have quite a few things in common.

I have never been to Scotland or Ireland but I would love to go though. Who knows, maybe one day I will.

Anonym sagde ...

Congratulations on your well-deserved awards, Dorte!! And on the opportunity to guest-blog. I'm going over there right now!

Dorte H sagde ...

Petty Witter: Thank you. I don´t know exactly when the post will be up, but it should be some time today.

Philip: oh, now you are making me blush!

Lilly: Scotland and Ireland are wonderful if you go for nature, not crowds of people :D

Margot: thank you!

Martin Edwards sagde ...

Congratulations. As for your ten honest things, I was startled to see how many of them we share in common!

Dorte H sagde ...

Martin: thank you. They are quite fun these memes because you suddenly see new sides to bloggers.

Elizabeth Spann Craig sagde ...

Congratulations for the awards! It's well-deserved. :)

Dorte H sagde ...

Elizabeth: thank you very much!