tirsdag den 12. maj 2009

Marked by Reading


Weekly Geeks # 17

When in need, I use anything as a bookmark, old receipts, corners torn off the newspaper, old postcards etc, but I prefer a nice one of cartoon which is a bit shorter than the pages of the book.

The photo above is a small collection of Irish bookmarks, bought in Dublin during a wonderful holiday two years ago.

The second photo shows some pretty or funny bookmarks – nice and colourful.

The third photo, below, a cheap and tattered bunch – but very useful, and for free.

NB: my grandfather told my father and his brothers never to use a fried egg as a bookmark. A very useful advice, I should say.


Bemærkelsesværdige Bogmærker.
I en snæver vending bruger jeg hvad som helst som bogmærke; gamle kvitteringer, hjørnet af en avisside, gamle postkort mm, men jeg vil allerhelst have et pænt, stift karton-bogmærke, som er lidt kortere end bogsiden.

Øverst ser du en lille samling irske bogmærker, købt i Dublin under en pragtfuld ferie for to år siden.

Det andet billede viser nogle pæne eller sjove bogmærker – skønne og farverige.

Til sidst er der de luvslidte. Der er ikke andet at sige, end at de er nyttige og gratis.
Og som min farfar sagde til min far og hans brødre: I må aldrig bruge et spejlæg som bogmærke!

15 kommentarer:

Ana S. sagde ...

Those are lovely! When I finally make it to Ireland I'll have to look for a set.

Dorte H sagde ...

Hi Nymeth.

I really enjoy using them as they remind me of the world´s most charming capital every time I see them :)

gautami tripathy sagde ...

Those are quaint!

Mark it down

Kerrie sagde ...

I love the design that goes into bookmarks!

Dorte H sagde ...

Gautami and Kerrie,

I am glad you liked my little collection. I had a really pretty one with our Queen Margrethe as a paper doll princess, but I am afraid I have lost that one.

Adele sagde ...

I need something much bigger than bookmark to say "ssh i'm reading" to my husband. :)

Dorte H sagde ...

Hagelrat, I can´t even say I know what you mean - in this family everybody is reading all the time! I hope you find some time to enjoy a good book, though :D

Erotic Horizon sagde ...

Those are so cute - i love the Shh i am reading..

too cute..

E.H>

Dorte H sagde ...

Erotic Horizon; glad you like them :D

Nille sagde ...

Jeg bruger også altid lidt tid på at finde det rigtige bogmærke til den bog, der skal læses - helst lige i samme højde eller lidt kortere nemlig!

Men det skal også lige passe i farver og stil... og jeg har virkelig mange! Dog er der et par yndlinge, hvilket tydeligt ses af deres slitage ;-)

Dorte H sagde ...

Nille, det er sjovt som det der lille stykke pap er vigtigt - det skal også føles rigtigt i hånden, og hverken være for tyndt eller tykt.
Jeg er sikker på, man kunne bruge os som testpersoner på en bogmærkefabrik.

claire sagde ...

I like your bookmarks because they're all flat. Mine are all that way, too. :D

Dorte H sagde ...

Claire, thank you. I agree they are the most useful ones.

Bibliophile sagde ...

Bookmarks are important. Starting a couple of years ago, I have tried to buy souvenir bookmarks wherever I go. They not only serve to compliment my library bookmarks, but they are also a nice reminder of my travels. Like Nille, I try to match the bookmark to the book - preferably not only the size but also the theme.

Dorte H sagde ...

Sadly, I can´t find more than the few ones I have shown here so it would be quite difficult to match the theme. And the one with the sleuth on is very tattered already.