mandag den 2. februar 2009

Weekly Geeks # 4 - Blue Monday


[Bingo post 2]
1. What are you passionate about besides reading and blogging?
2. Get us involved.
3. Visit other Weekly Geeks. Link in your post to other Geeks who've peaked your interest in their passion. Or maybe you might find a fellow aficionado among us, link to them.

I really want to participate in Weekly Geeks. Still, I try to stick to my principle that this blog is dedicated to crime (fiction). So I have decided to let a few photos speak for themselves of my ´blue collection´, and as you can see, one of them is actually crime-related.

I know that this is not really going to involve anyone, but as I need good pictures of beautiful tins & boxes for my weekly feature "Bait in the Box" I would appreciate any link to photos of this kind (which I may borrow).

NB: I am aware that text and photo overlap but don´t know what to do about it.

12 kommentarer:

Chris sagde ...

Pretty blue collection!

Anonym sagde ...

Beautiful blues. Any idea how old the poison bottle is?

Unknown sagde ...

That poison bottle is great! I also love your beautiful windows with all of the blue.
I have pictures to some blue tins on my blog. These first tins are old medicine containers, so they might not be what you are looking for.
http://ebogie.blogspot.com/2008/11/bathroom-blues.html
This one is a lovely tin with the Nativity scene on it. http://ebogie.blogspot.com/2008/12/nativity-tin.html

claire sagde ...

I love all things blue.. those are beautiful..

Angela sagde ...

Those are gorgeous! I love collections but I never know what to collect;) I prefer appreciating others' like yours.

Dorte H sagde ...

Thank you for all your nice comments. I have another window in fact, but the photo was not good. I don´t know about the poison bottle, but I don´t think it is very old. It is probably just a copy made for fun, but for someone who collects crime fiction AND blue glass it was a wonderful find. I think it cost 20 kroner (£ 2-3).
And Elizabeth, I have been there & collected your funny tins and your beautiful nativity box. Thanks a lot :)

Cathy sagde ...

I have four tins sitting on a shelf above my desk. I've just photographed them and would be more than happy to send copies of the photos to you. Email me at cathyskye@yahoo.com if you're interested! (They were my mother's and are at least 50 years old.)

Dorte H sagde ...

Thank you Cathy!
I have had a wonderful afternoon, collecting other people´s funny, original and beautiful tins. But I have plenty of room for more wonders if anyone else would like to help me. And of course I put your photos in separate files with your name so I know who sent me which ones :)

Dreamybee sagde ...

How pretty! I hope they make you smile every time you walk into the room and see them!

Linda sagde ...

I love all the blue glass!

Beth F sagde ...

I love all things blue and I love your glass!

Dorte H sagde ...

Dreamybee, I do smile every time I really see my two blue windows. We moved here ten years ago, and I began collecting blue glass immediately (I owned a few things already, but then we had four glass shelves put in, and it accelerated immediately).
Beth and Linda: I don´t understand why blue is seen as a sad colour. Nothing could be prettier, really.