onsdag den 18. februar 2009

DJs Bait in the Box # 5

[This week´s rather unusual tin belongs to Elizabeth, Thoughts from an Evil Overlord]

A quotation from a British book which is the first in a series:
"When the ambulance, the doctor and the undertaker had driven away in convoy she was left with the young policeman. He watched the tail lights of the other vehicles disappear into the darkness with a sort of wistfulness, as if he were being abandoned, then he said: ´Do you know if there´s any booze in the house?´"

The rules:
If you recognize the quotation, or if you think you are able to guess who wrote it, please post a comment. Just leave a hint, do not spoil the fun by giving too much away.

Gæt en bog # 5

Denne engelske krimi, som er den første i en serie, er endnu ikke oversat til dansk:

"Da ambulancen, lægen og bedemanden var kørt væk i konvoj, stod hun tilbage med den unge politibetjent. Han så baglygterne på de andre køretøjer forsvinde i mørket med en slags vemodighed, som om han blev efterladt, og så sagde han: ´Ved I, om der er noget sprut i huset?´"


Reglerne:
Hvis du kan genkende citatet, eller hvis du tror du kan gætte hvem forfatteren er, så læg venligst en kommentar. Skriv bare et hint til nye besøgende, lad være med at ødelægge fornøjelsen for andre.

11 kommentarer:

Anonym sagde ...

No clue! But it sounds good. I am pleased that the tin does not say "nit powder" (I have my fingers crossed that the days of nits are over but you never know.)

Dorte H sagde ...

Another book TBR perhaps ;)

Beth F sagde ...

The quote is not ringing a bell but I love it! Too funny.

Uriah Robinson sagde ...

Strange name, a wild guess?

Dorte H sagde ...

Well, to a Danish reader any name which is not Nielsen, Jensen or Hansen might appear unusual, but I don´t see any really unusual names here. I tried to help by suggesting the book could be on Maxine´s TBR, however, but I am not 100 % certain :)

Sherrie sagde ...

Hi!
Sounds interesting, bu have no idea! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great evening!

Sherrie

Uriah Robinson sagde ...

Um beaten again. :o(

Karen (Euro Crime) sagde ...

Has it recently arrived from Maxine :) ?

Dorte H sagde ...

Good question :)
No, Maxine hasn´t read it; I think it may be on her shelf though.

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks sagde ...

I don't recognize it, but it sure is memorable!

I like the tin/box you've posted with it. Are you soliciting pictures of boxes for your weekly posts?

Dawn
She is Too Fond of Books

Dorte H sagde ...

Thank you, Dawn.
And yes, a few people have sent me photos of beautiful, interesting and funny tins (either by mail or by posting them on their blog). If you would like to contribute, I would certainly appreciate it (and put them in their own folder so I know whom they belong to).

If you haven´t figured out, the quotation is from The Crow Trap - my first post after the bait post is always a review of the book in question.