onsdag den 11. februar 2009

DJs Bait in the Box # 4


[Bingo post 10] What book is this - and who wrote it?
This week´s fantastic tin belongs to Julia, A Piece of my Mind.

"With shaking fingers, he brushed some of the dust from his sleeve. The exertion had made his collar stick to the back of his neck, and a few strands of hair had fallen over his forehead, where they lay like barbed wire on his skin. He rubbed at a fresh scratch on his knuckles, but managed only to smear a streak of blood across the back of his hand. He could taste dust in his mouth, too - old dust, the debris of years, stirred into the air by a random act of violence."

The rules:
If you recognize the quotation, or if you think you are able to guess who wrote it, please post a comment. Just leave a hint, do not spoil the fun by giving too much away.

NB: want to know a bit more about who DJ is? - look here

Gæt en bog (4)
Hvilken bog - og hvem skrev den? Det drejer sig om den fjerde i en serie, og den kommer sandsynligvis på dansk i løbet af 2009 (og det er jo også en slags spor).

"Med rystende fingre børstede han noget af støvet af sit ærme. Anstrengelsen havde fået hans krave til at klæbe sig til bagsiden af hans hals, og nogle få hårtjavser var faldet ned over hans pande, hvor de lå som pigtråd mod hans hud. Han gned på en frisk skramme på sine knoer, men det lykkedes ham bare at tvære en stribe blod tværs over håndryggen. Han havde endda smagen af støv i sin mund - gammelt støv, flere års efterladenskaber, hvirvlet op i luften af en tilfældig voldshandling."

Reglerne:
Hvis du kan genkende citatet, eller hvis du tror du kan gætte hvem forfatteren er, så læg venligst en kommentar. Skriv bare et hint til nye besøgende, lad være med at ødelægge fornøjelsen for andre.

NB: vil du gerne vide lidt mere om, hvem DJ er? - så kig her

14 kommentarer:

Julia Phillips Smith sagde ...

I love it! Of course, I'm never going to guess any of your writers or books, but I have to say this excerpt is really wonderful.

Mack sagde ...

It is tantalizingly familiar. I hate to start whining already but could we have just a little hint?

WhereDunnit sagde ...

I have no idea about this one, I'm afraid!

Dorte H sagde ...

Mack, I think I have been so helpful already by giving you that collar!

Mack sagde ...

Dorte,
Have you been taking fiendish clue lessons from Norman?

The collar reference didn't sink in the first time, thanks.

Anonym sagde ...

I cannot guess the book, but I did like that picture of you blogging over at Kittling books. I have more of a picture of you, now!

Dorte H sagde ...

Perhaps it is time to reveal that the environment plays a very important role in this series.

Uriah Robinson sagde ...

Dorte your blogging space looks like relaxed luxury. You really need a cramped minute cupboard/study to think up fiendish clues, but you are doing very well.
I can't make up my mind whether it is 1960s series or pre 1930 so you have me completely beaten!

Dorte H sagde ...
Denne kommentar er fjernet af forfatteren.
Dorte H sagde ...

Norman, we have just renovated our cottage completely; nice to see that you people also like it :D
If you add the 30s to the 1960s, you are nearly there.

Beth F sagde ...

This isn't ringing a bell. I'm going to think about that environment clue a bit longer.

Dorte H sagde ...

Do I really have to add a clue about local dances?

Unknown sagde ...

I have absolutely no idea!

Dorte H sagde ...

Absolutely last chance: part of the title = a handicap.