onsdag den 9. marts 2011

DJ´s Bait in the Box # 91

[No, these signs are NOT Scandinavian - I hope they will prove helpful]

This week´s bait book is the third debut in a row - a very well-written one.

"Echoes of my footfalls faded into the damp air of the Hall of the Unnamed Dead as I paused to stare at the framed photograph of a man. He was laid out against a riverbank, dark slime wrapped around his sculpted arms and legs. Even through the paleness and rigidity of death, his face was beautiful. A small, dark mole graced the left side of his cleft chin. His dark eyebrows arched across his forehead like bird wings, and his long hair, dark now with water, streamed out behind him."

The Rules:
If you recognize the quotation, or if you think you are able to guess who wrote it, please post a comment. Just leave a hint, do not spoil the fun by giving too much away. The book will be reviewed on Friday.

10 kommentarer:

Jose Ignacio Escribano sagde ...

A helpful box indeed, vielen dank. It takes a lot of courage to quit a job to devote to writing, but Hawai doesn't seem to me a bad place to settle.

Dorte H sagde ...

José: excellent clues. I had forgotten about Hawaii, but I can see on the cover that you are right - as always.

Anonym sagde ...

Dorte - I think I know this one, but I only want to give a trace of a guess.. ;-).

Unknown sagde ...

Nope. I don't read enough! I need to get on your reading schedule.

Uriah Robinson sagde ...

......... gets in your eyes. ;o)

Dorte H sagde ...

Margot and Norman: oh, you two are subtle today ;D

Clarissa: I am afraid I read far too much and write too little and as I won´t even stick to one or two continents ...

Kelly sagde ...

The writing looks German to me, but what do I know? That still doesn't help me with this!

I'll just have to wait until Friday.

Dorte H sagde ...

Kelly: apparently you recognize German - and have an important clue to the setting ;)

Belle Wong sagde ...

I don't have a clue, either - I'm with Clarissa, I think I need to be reading more!

Dorte H sagde ...

But now the review is there, Belle. If you like historical fiction (I think you do?), this one is fantastic & extremely well-written.