mandag den 23. maj 2011

Back home from CrimeFest

Came home from a wonderful event last night (twenty past one so forgive me if I write sheer rubbish).

CrimeFest in Bristol was absolutely overwhelming.
First of all I met a couple of blog friends, and of course they were just as kind and interesting as I had expected. Norman (Crime Scraps), Kerrie (Mysteries of Paradise) and Karen (EuroCrime), it has been so great to get to know you and spend three-four days together with you. And thank you to Martin Edwards not only for being just as kind and charming as Daniel Kind, but also for winning the pub quiz for us Thursday night. It was a good feeling to participate in my first pub quiz ever - and ´win´ it.

As my husband has been sightseeing in Bristol, I only have a few pictures of the people I met, but I promise to post them later (when I have had time to catch up with life, work and my blog round). If you follow the links to Norman, Karen and Martin´s blogs above, you will see some of us in Bristol, though.

10 kommentarer:

Uriah Robinson sagde ...

It was lovely to meet you, Dorte. Sorry now that I did not book for longer.
I felt some sympathy for your husband coming from the flat lands of Denmark and sightseeing in Bristol, one of the hilliest cities in the UK.

Dorte H sagde ...

Norman, meeting good blog friends was definitely one of the very best experiences of CrimeFest - which says quite a lot as everything was just overwhelming. With regard to hills, I now know what to show you on my next Thy´s day so please stay tuned :D

Karen Russell sagde ...

Dorte, I am so envious. What a wonderful time, and how fun to meet all those people (I read them, too)! I, on the other hand, am heading to Boston for a work conference that won't be nearly so fun. :D

Felicity Grace Terry sagde ...

How wonderful to meet these bloggers in the flesh - I'd dearly love to meet some of my blogger buddies, yourself included of course.

Kelly sagde ...

Glad to know you are back safe and sound and had a wonderful time. I look forward to seeing and hearing more about it!

Anonym sagde ...

Dorte - So glad to hear you're safely home and even happier to hear you had such a great time.

Ellen sagde ...

Meeting blog-friends IRL is better than anyone can imagine before it happens. All these wonderful people that we never would have met without the blogging.

Dorte H sagde ...

Karen: it was indeed wonderful!

Tracy: you never know when the chance is there. Last year I mentioned on my blog that I was going to Edinburgh, and three friends wanted to meet me there.

Kelly: thank you! It is also good to be online again ;)

Margot: it was just marvelous.

Ellen: and it is amazing that you get to know your blog friends so well! I had no idea how much they would come to mean to me :)

Bill Selnes sagde ...

Dorte: I have never attended such an event. Your initial thoughts make me want to go next year.

Dorte H sagde ...

Bill: I can strongly recommend it!