onsdag den 11. august 2010

Fame At Last - Or...

Oh dear, away from my computer for 24 hours, and already so many emails to read and answer. As school begins today, I have not had time to select a proper bait-in-the-box novel, but I thought you might enjoy hearing about my international fame:


Dear Sayers Dorothy L,

Some time ago my colleague, Mrs. …….., offered you the possibility of making your academic paper entitled "Are Women Human  Astute and Witty Essays on the Role of Women in Society" available as printed book.

Since we did not hear back from you, I am now wondering if you received our first email. I would appreciate if you could confirm your interest in our publishing house and I will be glad to provide you with detailed information about our services.

I am looking forward to receiving a positive response from you.

Thank you and kind regards,

………..
Acquisition Editor

…… Publishing House


Now the question is, should I give up my teaching career immediately, or should I wait and see how much money there is in my new (old) name?

9 kommentarer:

Anonym sagde ...

Dorte - Oh, what an Email! Thanks for sharing that with us. Oh, that's rich! And I wish you well starting up school again.

Dorte H sagde ...

Margot: when they sent the first one, I thought it was some kind of joke - difficult to take a printing house seriously if they are not more professional than this.

pattinase (abbott) sagde ...

I'd keep the day job since they do not seem especially bright given their difficulty with the name.

Bibliophile sagde ...

A very funny and very apt email to send to a writer :-)

Kelly sagde ...

How odd! You seriously got this e-mail from a publishing house?

Søren sagde ...

I would send them your script, if I was you :-)

Fiona sagde ...

Hmmm, it sounds as if their cry might be 'Vanity of vanities! All is vanity.' I wonder how much they would charge to 'publish' your masterpiece?

Fiona sagde ...

PS... Perhaps I should ask 'Do you write under your own name?'

Or only as Dorothy L Sayers?

Dorte H sagde ...

Patti: okay, I´ll take your advice.

Bibliophile: it is amazing what happens, isn´t it?

Kelly: I seriously got it from a publisher. The question is if it is a serious publisher?

Søren: okay, I will consider answering back ;)

Fiona: LOL - I´ll write under any old name if the pay is good enough.