mandag den 4. januar 2010

(More) Status - 2009

[Photo: a 2009 highlight: meeting one of my readers in Edinburgh]

As my first anniversary is waiting around the corner, I have taken a closer look at my first year of blogging (minus one week).

In 2009 I have read and reviewed 117 books.
I have written 397 blog posts (in 358 days).

I have had more than 17,000 guests (SiteMeter since medio February). Thank you to each and every one of you - I appreciate you very much!

New (to me) authors in 2009 (34 + 2 unfinished books).
Alexander McCall Smith
Andrea Camilleri
Ann Cleeves *
Antonia Fraser
Birger Baug
Donna Leon
Donna Moore *
Dorph & Pasternak
Elizabeth Spann Craig *
Inger Frimansson
Inger Gammelgaard Madsen
Ingrid Hedström
Johan Theorin *
Josephine Tey
Kate Atkinson *
Kate Ellis
Kerry Greenwood
Kurt Aust
L.C. Tyler
Louise Penny
M.R. Hall *
Margery Allingham
Margot Kinberg *
Maria Ernestam
Martin Edwards *
Mary Stewart
Peter James
Peter Robinson
Peter Temple *
Rob Kitchin *
S.J. Bolton *
Saskia Noort (unfinished)
Sophie Hannah *
Tana French
Yrsa Sigurdardottir
Ævar Örn Josepsson (unfinished)

The stars indicate the twelve best reading experiences.


And for the really curious:
The books I ordered for my mother´s Christmas gift card
Aline Templeton,Cold in the Earth

Denise Mina, Garnethill

Thomas H. Cook, Red Leaves

Fred Vargas, Have Mercy on Us All

P D James, The Private Patient

M.C. Beaton, Death of a Gossip (Hamish Macbeth Murder Mystery)

Leonardo Padura, Havana Red: A Mario Conde Mystery

- no, she didn´t give me a million, but I am very, very good at stretching my book budget.

11 kommentarer:

Felicity Grace Terry sagde ...

What a fascinating post. Such a good idea to re-cap the years blogging in this way. Were you suprised by what you found?

Elizabeth Spann Craig sagde ...

You got some great books! I've read "Private Patient" (it had this really scary scene that still gives me the willies) and "Death of a Gossip" (another great book.)

You've had a great blogging year! And blogged a lot more than I did! I don't know how you do it all...

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Louise sagde ...

Great post, Dorte. I am thinking - you were in that (wonderful looking) bookstore in Edinburgh in summer, right? You are dressed so light and the way the weather acts up these days MAN do I long for summer!

Dorte H sagde ...

Petty Witter: I am not sure I would have done a lot if it wasn´t for my anniversary in three days. I have kept an eye on my blog now and then, of course, so it is not that great a surprise now, but a year ago I could not have imagined I would have so many visitors, and I am quite proud of having tried 35 new authors.

Elizabeth: I really have great expectations to my new books. You see, they have all been recommended by blog friends :D
Generally I don´t write more than one post per day, but I have some ´extras´ which are often photos, quotations or the like. I really try to limit myself a bit to get some writing time.

Louise: thank you. Yes, Edinburgh was in July, and it was a wonderful holiday. Seeing that it is Scotland, the weather was quite warm and dry :D

Rick sagde ...

Wow! You are quite the reader.

Maxine Clarke sagde ...

Great list, Dorte. I am sorry you didn't like the Saskia Noort- I liked the two I read, particularly Back to the Coast. I think I have read books by about half the authors on your list this year, and concur that most of them were good experiences. Congratulations on the anniversary of your blog and for writing so many enjoyable posts.

Dorte H sagde ...

Rick: thank you!

Maxine: I may give Saskia Noort a second chance, but the story was about a truly horrible marriage so it might just have been that plot I loathed.

And you will hear plenty about my anniversary the next days I am afraid ;)

Beth F sagde ...

I love these posts! Your list of new authors is impressive! I hope you like Hamish.

Dorte H sagde ...

Beth: and all of these new authors are either some bloggers have recommended, or some I read because I wanted to give my readers a taste of Scandinavian fiction. So my blog has really changed my reading habits in ONE year!

I also love the idea that my global challenge has inspired several people to read authors from continents they might not have thought about otherwise.

Anonym sagde ...

Dorte - I am so honored and flattered to be included in your list. Thank you so much : ). And I'm even more honored that you liked Publish or Perish. You're very kind!

Dorte H sagde ...

Margot: well, I am still really embarrassed ... but at least I am glad I realized my mistake within two days.