onsdag den 13. januar 2010

DJ´s Bait in the Box # 51

[This wonderful box belongs to Rhian, It´s a Crime! (Or a Mystery)]

I had to read this novel in translation. No further clues from my hand.

“The girl gets back on her bike and rides on. The van overtakes her and envelops her in a thick cloud of diesel smoke. She coughs, flaps her hand at the smoke and stops pedaling.

The van tears away, in the direction of the Dark Dunes. The girl thinks about her meeting. She´s having second thoughts now – perhaps she should have chosen a less isolated place.”


The Rules:
If you recognize the quotation, or if you think you are able to guess who wrote it, please post a comment. Just leave a hint, do not spoil the fun by giving too much away. The book will be reviewed on Friday as usual.

12 kommentarer:

Uriah Robinson sagde ...

I think the key word here is meeting?

Philip Amos sagde ...

Looking at the first letters of the three components of the author's surname, a crime fiction buff might think first of a detective rather than a writer.

crimeficreader sagde ...

I wondered when the tin might come up! Thanks for letting me know. No idea on the book, however...

Dorte H sagde ...

Norman: you could say so, yes :o

Philip: it took a few minutes, but now I have got it! I know your detective from TV. I find myself whistling all of a sudden ;)

Rhian: some readers might wonder where that beautiful tin comes from.

Anonym sagde ...

Dorte - Hmm... I'll have to get together with family members - or maybe old school friends - to figure out this title ; ).

Dorte H sagde ...

Oh Margot, your clue is hilarious :D

Jose Ignacio Escribano sagde ...

Dorte A forgotten past may be.

Dorte H sagde ...

Jose: great clue!

Maxine Clarke sagde ...

Oh yes, I know this one because I have just read it! Margot's clue is great. I would add that the names of the cats are very strange, and unexplained.

Dorte H sagde ...

Maxine: I was afraid it was still waiting on your TBR. You are right, those cats are a mystery.

Elizabeth Spann Craig sagde ...

Great tin! I'm clueless as usual, but love the tin. :)

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder
Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen

Dorte H sagde ...

Elizabeth: yes, it is very special.